Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today I am a Skate Shop Owner

I was the type of kid that skated to school, ditched my board in the bushes, and prayed that it was still there after school.

I would drive my teachers crazy by sucking on my long hair that hung down over my eye all during class.

I am still searching for Animal Chin.

I dreamed that the Bones Brigade was Steve Caballero, Lance Mountain, Mike McGill, Tommy Guerrero, Tony Hawk, and Kevin Applebaum.

I gave my allowance to Free Hosoi.

In the Third Grade, we had to write a letter to a famous person. I wrote mine to Lance Mountain, everyone got a response, but me.

I would pull-up my shorts and velco my Jimmy Z's.

I wore my Mark Gonzalez, bright yellow Vision shirt all around the White House.

I would steal wood from behind the food store to make a ramp. And then complain when one of my friends would break it.

I won my first skate contest by landing a Boneless.

I went to the Outhouse in Glendora to get my first board.

My heroes didn't hit home-runs, score a touchdown, or sink a basket, they skated ramps and pools.

And Today I Am A Skate Shop Owner

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how I landed here, however I thought I would throw in my two cents... I too picked up my first board at the Outhouse in Glendora. I actually had the opportunity to ride "The Bowl" (behind Goddard) with Mark Gonzales after school; we both went to Sandburg Jr High. If I remember correctly, he lived over by Finkbiner's Market and his Mom worked at Alpha Beta. Classic. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete